Liposculpturing Mons Pubis and Labia Majora New York
Welcome to your guide to Liposculpturing of the mons pubis and labia majora.
Many people seek liposuction to remove the unsightly fatty bulges of the mons pubis and labia majora. Fatty accumulation in these areas can create aesthetic issues in clothing, undergarments, bathing suits, and when nude. This procedure is often performed along with Liposculpturing of other areas. The best candidate for this procedure is a physically healthy, normal weight, person with firm, elastic skin, and with realistic goals.
* Individual results may vary.
Real Patient Photo Gallery
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of Dr. Robert Jason.
Typically performed on an outpatient basis, liposculpturing of the fatty mons pubis and labia majora can last between twenty minutes to forty minutes depending on the amount of fat removed. The most common techniques include tumescent and ultrasound assisted Liposculpturing.
Using a mixture of local anesthetics and adrenaline, a special solution called tumescent fluid is created. Tumescent fluid is inserted into the treated area through tiny access points assisting in numbing the treated area, controlling bleeding and reacting with your fat (such that it becomes easier to remove). The fat is then suctioned out through a blunt tubular instrument called a cannula.
To help you prepare for surgery:
During you consultation you should be very open; provide your entire medical history and list all of the medications, vitamins, and herbs you are taking (even if you don’t think they’re important).
Here are some tips that may help you shorten your recovery time and decrease your chances of complications.
- Discontinue using Aspirin (including medications that contain Aspirin), Ibuprofen, Naprosyn, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E and other supplements as directed. These act as blood thinners and could cause excessive bruising, bleeding or other complications. We will give you a complete list of medications and herbal supplements to avoid prior to your procedure
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Don’t drink alcohol in excess for two week before your liposculpturing procedure and one week after the surgery.
- Drink lots of water in the days leading up to your liposculpturing procedure.
To make your recovery easier and more comfortable be sure to:
- Arrange for someone to take you home and take care of you for at least the first day. For out of town, national and international patients, private nursing care, private recovery centers and hotel accommodations can be made through our office.
- Fill your prescriptions and place them within easy reach of where you will be resting.
Place plenty of pillows, a spare compression and hand towels for drainage nearby.
You should expect some bruising, swelling and pain after your procedure. If you feel like you’ve lost sensation in the liposuction areas, don’t be alarmed. As your nerves begin to regenerate feeling, sensation should return to normal. Swelling may linger for as long as several months. Pain medication will be prescribed to control any discomfort. However, if you begin to experience severe pain, contact us immediately.
The recovery process is different for everyone, but within a day after your procedure, you should be up and walking around. Excess tumescent fluid will most likely drain from the access points for the first day or two and you may experience blood-tinged fluid as well. You may shower on the second or third day following surgery. Depending on the number of areas treated, you may need to be out of work and away from your usual activities for the first week. Over the next two or three weeks, your treated areas may remain very sensitive and strenuous physical activities should be limited. You will also need to wear a special compression garment for up to a month to help ensure good contour to your treated areas. Following this period you may gradually return to activities such as lifting, exercise and sex. Avoid any high impact activities for about one month. Specifically, you should avoid jogging and bouncing activities for up to six weeks. These procedures will help you avoid stress to your treated areas and allow time for healing and recovery. All liposculpturing procedures are performed using small incisions, about the length of this red line —–, such that scarring will be minimal.
The results of your procedures are usually best seen after several weeks. Your treated areas should look great and retain their sculptured appearance for as long as you remain the same weight. If you gain weight, you will generally gain it in areas other than those that were liposuctioned.
All laser vaginal rejuvenation procedures and designer laser vaginoplasty procedures can be performed in conjunction with other cosmetic surgeries. The most common procedures, including liposuction, breast augmentation and rhinoplasty can be simultaneously performed by our leading board-certified facial and board-certified plastic surgeons.